Professional Children’s School is proud to have a geographically diverse student body. In a typical school year, PCS will have students from a dozen different countries and from 15 to 18 U.S. states.
Applying to PCS
Applying to PCS from another country is very similar to applying from the U.S.
Please complete (in English) the online application found here.
Applicants must arrange for an interview. Please contact Lori Gigliotti Murphy at [email protected] to arrange an in-person or virtual interview.
Once your application materials are complete, they will be presented to the Admissions Committee for review. You will be notified in writing of the committee’s decision.
Once You Are Accepted
- You will receive an acceptance letter along with an enrollment contract and an I-20 request form. Parents or Guardians of the student must sign the enrollment contract and submit it to PCS with:
- $5,000 deposit and $575 International Student Fee
- I-20 Request form
- copy of the ID page from the student’s passport
- proof of finances (bank statement, letter of sponsorship, etc.)
Obtaining a Visa
Professional Children’s School is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
Professional Children’s School is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students once the following conditions have been met:
- The student has received a letter of acceptance and the Enrollment Contract.
- The Enrollment Contract has been signed and returned to the school, along with a non-refundable $5,000 deposit and $575 International Student Fee.
- The student must submit written proof of financial responsibility while enrolled as a student at PCS.
- Conditions for the student’s living arrangements during the school year should be outlined, and must include a local address for a parent or guardian.
For those students who are transferring from schools within the United States, a photocopy of the original I-20 form must be submitted.
Once you receive the I-20 form, you should call the American Consulate for specific requirements for obtaining the F-1 (full-time student) visa. The F-1 visa must be obtained before the student leaves his/her country, as it is much more complicated to obtain once in the United States. If a student has entered the country with a visitor’s visa it is advisable that the student apply for F-1 status as soon as possible.
For those students who are unable to obtain a visa: the deposit, minus the International Student Fee, will be refunded upon proper notification and the return of the original I-20 form to the school.
Note: If the student has not registered for classes at Professional Children’s School within two weeks of the date on the I-20 form, we will be required to notify the United States Department of Homeland Security in order to inform them that the form is no longer valid.
Tuition and Fees
International Students follow the same tuition and fee structure as all students who attend the school.
2023-2024 TUITION: $55,095 ($57,300 new seniors; $29,645 second semester)
There is an additional $575 non-immigrant student processing fee.
All students at Professional Children’s School may apply for tuition assistance once they have been accepted for admission to the school. Financial Aid applications may be accessed at TADS.